NMW 2013 READY FOR ‘OUTSTANDING SUCCESS'
3 May 2013
With just hours remaining until the doors open on National Manufacturing Week 2013 on Tuesday, May 7, more than 300 exhibitors are finalising their preparations for this year’s exhibition. Co-located with Austech and occupying most of the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, NMW 2013 will be, more than ever, the event that brings the manufacturing industry together.
NMW organisers are introducing new features – all freely accessible to NMW visitors and exhibitors - to this year’s event, including:
- A record 12 Product Zones – with the addition of the Sustainable Manufacturing and Metals & Composites Product Zones, NMW will be – for the first time in Melbourne – more precisely segmented to make it easier to find specific areas of interest.
- Solutions Theatre - located on the exhibition floor, the Theatre will house interactive presentations from exhibitors and industry experts throughout NMW. The program- available at nationalmanufacturingweek.com.au – includes sessions on Energy Efficiency through Co & Trigeneration for manufacturers, Proactive Injury Prevention and Solutions to boost the manufacturing industry in Australia.
- Allied events –intimate, informative sessions dealing with grass roots issues such as
- Social media for B2B – how manufacturers can benefit from blogging, LinkedIn, Facebook and more;
- Online lead generation – harnessing the power of the internet to help build sales.
Paul Baker, Exhibition Director for NMW 2013 comments, “Significant planning, resources and energy have gone into tailoring this year’s event to industry’s most pressing concerns.”
“Alongside the latest technologies, products and services, we will be bringing networking and discussion right into the exhibition space, via the Solutions Theatre in which industry experts will outline practical strategies and ideas for growth.
“This, with the allied events programme –dealing with issues affecting business on a day-to-day level – is designed to ensure that NMW will be the best place for manufacturers to come together this year,” he said.
Premier for Victoria, the Hon Dr Denis Napthine has also offered his praise for NMW as Australia’s largest manufacturing industry event.
Mr Napthine said, “On behalf of the Victorian Government, I welcome you all to Melbourne and Victoria – Australia’s manufacturing heartland – for this great event, which I have no doubt is going to be an outstanding success.”
Registration to NMW is free to trade visitors. Visit www.nationalmanufacturingweek.com.au to register ahead of the event and research exhibitor and event details – or download the NMW app for an interactive map, program and event reminders.
ABOUT REED EXHIBITIONS – AUSTRALIA
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading organiser of trade and consumer exhibitions and excels in creating high profile, highly targeted business and consumer exhibitions to establish and maintain business relations, and generate new business. From its offices based in Chatswood NSW, Reed Exhibitions runs over 20 events each year in NSW, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia covering a broad range of industry sectors. Globally, Reed Exhibitions runs over 460 events in 38 countries, bringing together over 90,000 suppliers and more than 5.5 million buyers. With 2,300 employees in 33 offices around the globe the company serves 52 industries worldwide. Its network of offices and promoters extends to 45 countries.