WELDING A HOT TOPIC FOR NMW
13 Mar 2013
One of the traditional strengths of National Manufacturing Week has been its Welding Technology Product Zone, a dedicated area within NMW for welding products and services. The Welding Technology Zone at NMW 2013 will once again be a focal point, with exhibitors bringing a broad showcase of new products, as well as live demonstrations of welding products and techniques.
“The welding industry is a significant part of Australia’s manufacturing sector,” comments Paul Baker, Exhibition Director for NMW 2013.
“Beyond its significant size – the market for welding equipment alone is estimated at more than $408 million this year – this sector has a keen interest in finding new and improved ways of getting the job done.
“Exhibitors are responding to this interest with a host of innovations for the Welding Technology Product Zone at NMW 2013,” Baker said.
Among exhibitors in the Welding Technology Product Zone at NMW 2013 are:
- ABB (Stand 3517) – will showcase its IRB 1520ID robot which provides safer, high precision arc welding.
- Apex Dynamics (Stand 3513) - will launch the P II series® ‘second generation P series’, a gearbox of outstanding smoothness, quietness and low friction. The new series delivers enhanced precision, through laser welding and patented bonding techniques.
- CST SmartSteel (Stand 2125) - introducing K-TIG, billed as a game changing welding process set to revolutionise the welding industry. Developed by the CSIRO, K-TIG is a high speed, single pass, full penetration welding technology that eliminates the need for wire, edge bevelling or skilled operators.
- PFERD (Stand 2917) – the company, known globally for manufacturing quality abrasive solutions, will be running live demonstrations throughout NMW. (At the PFERD stand, visitors will also be able to drive a lap of Mount Panorama in one of the two V8 Supercar simulators)
- Smenco (Stand 2517) - is bringing ‘industry first’ portable & modular welding products to NMW. Smenco will display its world-beating Fronius range, as well as launching the Steel Tailor Portable CNC Machine, and new BUG-O systems.
- Tanjant Tool Co (Stand 1821) – will display its new FixturePoint and BuildPro work holding tables and clamping systems, that can be rapidly configured to hold work while it is being assembled and tack welded.
- Tesuco Pty Ltd (Stand 2922) – as well as celebrating its 25th anniversary, the company will be presenting new welding sets. The sets are compact, lightweight, easy to transport and ideally suited to professional welding applications such as plumbing, refrigeration and air conditioning.
“These companies are just an example of the more than 300 suppliers who will be displaying new solutions and capabilities at NMW. It’s going to be a great exhibition for organisations – from all sectors – seeking new ideas and technologies," Baker said.
Co-located with Austech, NMW 2013 is Australia’s largest manufacturing industry event, designed to strengthen industry through technology, innovation and education.
Attendance at NMW 2013 is free to the trade – and registration is now open at nationalmanufacturingweek.com.au.
About the organiser
Reed Exhibitions is the world leader in creating high profile, targeted industry events where buyers and sellers come together to do business. Every year we run over 440 events in 36 countries, bringing together over 6 million active event participants worldwide. With 2,500 employees in 35 offices around the globe we serve 44 industries worldwide. With a network of offices and international sales promoters in 93 countries and more market-leading events than any other organiser, nobody delivers more business contacts than Reed Exhibitions.
For further information contact:
Pentica PR for NMW 2013
02 9799 0896 / 0411 034 868