MINING IN FOCUS AT NMW 2013
13 Mar 2013
One of the strong trends emerging for National Manufacturing Week (May 7 – 10, Melbourne) is a greater number of products and services relevant to the mining and resources sector. Event organiser, Reed Exhibitions comments that this concentration reflects the sector’s enormous importance to industry suppliers.
Paul Baker, Exhibition Director for NMW said, “IBISWorld estimates that there will be significant annual growth in the manufacture of mining and construction machinery alone – let alone the allied products and services required to keep resources sector operations on track – making it a valuable sector for industry suppliers”
“Australia is a world leader in the provision of highly specialised, innovative products and services for the resources sector – and it’s exciting to see an increasing number of these solutions at NMW.”
Among exhibitors with innovations for the sector are:
- Bestech Australia (Stand 3423) who will be showcasing sensors and instrumentation – as well as providing advice and guidance on building rugged systems for resources sector applications
- Dasco Machine Tools (Stand 1317) – compact, light machine tools that can be set up onsite or used in the workshop as a fix multifunction centre
- Integrated Emergency & Industrial Equipment (Stand 1413) – who will be showcasing Chambrelan’s heavy-duty sliding systems, widely used in mining, defence and other rugged situations
- Kemet Australia Pty Ltd (Stand 1015) – ultrasonic cleaning machines, spray washing, flat lapping and polishing machines – including specialist systems used to clean the largest engine blocks used in the mining and rail industries
- Oliver Technologies (Stand 3025) - project and equipment solutions for dust & fume control, in mining and broader manufacturing applications.
- SEC Plating Pty Ltd (Stand 1411) a supplier of electroplating, electrochemical and surface coating services, who will be presenting an innovative surface coating that combines microbe resistance with beneficial surface properties
In addition to these specific solutions, Baker comments that visitors to NMW 2013 will also benefit from industry research, conducted by Reed Exhibitions in December 2012.
“We surveyed 400 manufacturing industry personnel on their business outlook – and their consistent feedback was that they see opportunities arising from developing value-added solutions and services, technological innovation and cost efficiency and optimisation.
“This feedback has been incorporated into the design and layout of NMW 2013, so that visitors to the event will be able to see – at every turn – innovations that will help them maximise their existing processes, or open up new sources of commercial advantage,” Baker said.
“To begin with, NMW will be laid out – for the first time in Melbourne – in 12 Product Zones, to enable buyers and sellers to easily find each other.
“The event will also include live demonstrations from exhibitors whose products and services help companies automate and/or optimise their processes,” he said.
“In all, there will be more than 300 suppliers displaying some truly innovative new solutions. It’s going to be a great exhibition for businesses seeking growth,” Baker concluded.
Attendance at NMW 2013 is free to the trade – and registration is now open at nationalmanufacturingweek.com.au.
About the organiser
Reed Exhibitions is the world leader in creating high profile, targeted industry events where buyers and sellers come together to do business. Every year we run over 440 events in 36 countries, bringing together over 6 million active event participants worldwide. With 2,500 employees in 35 offices around the globe we serve 44 industries worldwide. With a network of offices and international sales promoters in 93 countries and more market-leading events than any other organiser, nobody delivers more business contacts than Reed Exhibitions.