ERP IN FOCUS AT NMW 2013
13 Mar 2013
One of the strong trends emerging for National Manufacturing Week (May 7 – 10, Melbourne) is the increasing importance of the Information Technology Product Zone in general – and ERP systems in particular - within the event. Event organiser, Reed Exhibitions comments that the sector’s importance is reflected in industry research the company conducted in December 2012.
Exhibition Director Paul Baker commented, “We surveyed 400 manufacturing industry personnel on their business outlook – and their consistent feedback was that they see opportunities arising from areas such as technological innovation, as well as cost efficiency & optimisation – all of which are heavily reliant on information systems.”
“With this in mind, we are excited to see that several of industry’s most significant ERP providers will be unveiling new capabilities and platforms at NMW 2013,” Baker said.
Exhibitors of ERP solutions will include
- SYSPRO (Stand 2702) - Over the past 30 years, SYSPRO has build up a proven track record in over 60 countries and with more than 14,500 customers manufacturing and broader industries. SYSPRO Software - accessible for cloud or on-premise utilization – helps you leverage your investment in systems for the short-term and for many years to come.
- Cincom Systems of Australia (Stand 2800) - GISV partners of Microsoft Dynamics, Cincom Systems offer intuitive and scalable ERP and CRM solutions for manufacturers with complex products or processes. At NMW 2013, the company will launch its new solution, Cincom Total™.
- ECi M1 Software (Stand 2705) - The ECi M1 platform is designed to manage ERP in rapidly-changing manufacturing businesses. It provides total integration and automation from quoting through invoicing – and at NMW 2013, the company will introduce new mobile modules, improved features and great pricing options.
- Epicor Software (Stand 2700) – a powerful ERP solution that integrates seamlessly into any manufacturer’s existing technology infrastructure. Epicor ERP extends to product life cycle maintenance, forecasting, online ordering, and field service operations.
- Macpro Technologies (Stand 2507) - End to end business ERP, with customised solutions – based on a Scope Analysis & written report of your current procedures – that save you time and money. At NMW, Macpro will be promoting its Customer Care Programs, with a confirmed 20% show discount for the life of the Program.
- Star Business Solutions (Stand 2602) - offering Greentree, a world class ERP solution that encompasses the manufacturing necessities of MRP, Bill of Materials and Forecasting integrated with a solid Financial, Inventory, Purchasing and CRM package.
In addition, Pronto Software (Stand 2505), will outline a recent ERP project conducted for Brisbane-based dried fruit and nut producer Trumps.
Case study: How Pronto Software partnered with Trumps
Having grown rapidly in a short space of time, Trumps was struggling to keep track of its warehouse stock. The manufacturer decided to implement an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to manage its growing requirements. ERP software integrates a company’s departments and functions – from account management, inventory and sales, to warehousing, manufacturing and customer relationship management – in a single system. Using the Pronto Xi ERP system, Trumps gained a better view of its inventory and streamlined its decision-making processes. This in turn reduced costs and improved efficiencies for the company.
“NMW 2013 will also include live demonstrations from exhibitors whose products and services help companies automate and/or optimise their processes,” Baker added.
“In all, there will be more than 300 companies displaying some truly innovative new solutions. It’s going to be a great exhibition for businesses seeking growth,” he said.
Attendance at NMW 2013 is free to the trade – and registration is now open at nationalmanufacturingweek.com.au.
About the organiser
Reed Exhibitions is the world leader in creating high profile, targeted industry events where buyers and sellers come together to do business. Every year we run over 440 events in 36 countries, bringing together over 6 million active event participants worldwide. With 2,500 employees in 35 offices around the globe we serve 44 industries worldwide. With a network of offices and international sales promoters in 93 countries and more market-leading events than any other organiser, nobody delivers more business contacts than Reed Exhibitions.